Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tiffany Clone (1)



This watercolor is obviously a tribute to Tiffany Stained Glass Windows.  I fell in love with his work and did a number of Pen & Ink/Watercolors that are 'in the style of Tiffany".


It's been a long day, but I feel virtuous because I accomplished so much.  Funny how our expectations guide our moods.  If I expect to get three things done, and I accomplish four, then I feel great.  If only two things get done, I feel lousy.  Yet in both cases I am the same person.

Of course, this may lead to a plethora of lowered expectations, because I do enjoy it when I like myself.  It's much more fun to be around me when I am in a good mood.  And since I do have to live with myself, it bodes well to have me be nice to me.

On the other hand, my Puritan ancestors would be horrified, because they would think I was "not living up to my full potential" -- Like anybody does!  But in one sense, I do agree with them:  I am not comfortable setting my goals too low.  It makes me feel like a slackard.

So I guess I will have to come up with a realistic middle ground of expectations.

In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy today, because it is ending with Time to do Art.  Sigh.  Happiness.

1 comment:

  1. A very lovely picture! The colours and execution are perfect. May you enjoy more Time to do Art!

    ReplyDelete