Friday, February 4, 2011

The Searcher

Sometimes I feel as if I am looking for something, but I don't know what it is.  I know it's important, but I have forgotten what it looks like.  So, I just keep searching.

A lot of us are like that.  We search all our lives, looking for. . . for. . . for something.  There is an unfullfilledness, and empty space within.  And we know, or at least we think we know, that the void can be healed.

It is not always thus.  Sometimes we are fine,  We are whole, complete.  All is well.  But then the restlessness begins, and once again, we are in a familiar place, looking for something we know not what.  We almost remember it.  At the edge of our mind is an image that disappears when we look at it.

Maybe what we are looking for is not really what is important.  Maybe we are looking in the wrong places.  Maybe we have a preconceived idea of what it is, but the reality is quite different.  And maybe, just maybe, what is really important is the search.

7 comments:

  1. This is so familiar to me! I know the feeling and the search....
    Restlessness and unfullfilledness come and go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know whereof you speak! Byrd, please consider sending a link to this post to Sandra Strait for her challenge - it fits so beautifully! (http://lifeimitatesdoodles.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-tell-your-story-be-part-of.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts… They are so familiar to me!
    The Searcher also includes all those distractions inviting me to leave the path I just decided to follow. There is so much to explore everywhere – and time is so damn short…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I see a Searcher as well. This makes me think of a ship, loaded with possibilities for any situation, jetting up into the stratosphere in search of new experiences, and personal growth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a searcher but it is a pretty fantastical searcher.......more of an outerspace experience. Sometimes my searches are out of the world too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all search from time to time and sometimes we find what we are looking for. My first thoughts when seeing your zentangle was the headpiece some elephants wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the "searcher "is a fragile (like our being)smiling seahorse raising up to the surface,to the sun she always searched and never knew it was always there day by day...it is positive and radiant.funny that she never leaves her unresolved crosswords behind ;)

    ReplyDelete