Sunday, February 13, 2011

Elephant


I did this elephant some time ago for an Art Card Swap over at Swap Bot.  I am rather fond of it, mainly because it reminds me of one of my favorite folk tales. 

You all know the story, about ten blind men who wanted to know what an elephant is like.  Each man encountered a different part of the elephant, so one thought an elephant was like a rope (the tail) one thought the elephant was like a huge fan (the ear), one thought it was a snake (the trunk) and so on.  Each man thought that he and he alone really understood the nature of the elephant, when in reality each of them only had a small bit of the picture, but all the others had a small bit too.

I will leave it to you to decide what the elephant is a metaphore for.  Life.  God.  Art.  Zentangles.  Or whatever else might occur to you.

Anyway, hope you are all making it a good day.

-byrd

1 comment: