Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shinning



The Zendala above is one of my favorites.  I named it "Shinning", because that's what it looks like to me.

And right now, I could use a little light, because there are some folks who depend on me, and I need to decide how to handle it so that their needs and my needs are both met.  How to make it a win/win situation.

In some situations, that is not possible, but in this situation, it can easily be a no-lose proposition.  We can both come out ahead.

That is something I do strive for, to craft win/win scenarios.  My needs do not have to be met at the expense of someone else's.  In fact, my needs are better met if yours are too.

I think it all goes back to the Golden Rule -- which, BTW, is found in almost every religion & culture, with very minor differences.  It seems to be a Universal Ethic, to care about others, to treat them with respect, to include them in my ethical boundaries.

Although, I have to admit, I do hope that I am treated better than I sometimes treat others.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! It is beyond shinning, it's radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful, shining mandala. Can I help you with your situation, my wonderful friend? If there is anything that I can do please let me know. I was blessed with family this weekend, and introduced to our youngest family member; 6 week old Thomas James Ratliff. We have two great grand daughters and Tommy makes the third great grand son!!!
    My youngest grand daughter, thirteen year old Elizabeth, drew an entry for challenge # 6. It was included in the slide show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You speak words of wisdom.
    And your zendala is beautiful

    ReplyDelete