Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Favorite Media (1) Polymer Clay



Some of you may know that my preferred medium is clay.  I love the feel of polymer clay in my hands.  I love to watch it go from a lump of color to 'something'.

But lately I have had to work with other media, since I cannot sit up for any length of time.  Zentangles are a favorite of mine.  I do love the tangles and creating new space.(More on that in the next post)

But back to the clay.  The picture you see above is an Art Trading Card, which means it is 3 1/2 in. by 2 1/2 in.  It is make entirely of polymer clay.  No paint, no paper or wood, just the clay.    I love to 'paint' with clay, using the clay instead of a brush.  It is so responsive, so immediate.  In future blogs I may so a show and tell on some of the many ways you can "paint" with clay.  Meantime, the picture above with give you a hint of what can be done.

I hope your day is Peaceful.

1 comment:

  1. Byrd,
    I have loved your PC work for a while. Even though I don't haunt the PCC boards anymore or actually have time to make things out of pc, I'm glad that you are still creating. Hope all is well or at least on the upside of good this year.

    ReplyDelete