Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Good Morning


Today I woke up to one of the most beautiful days I can ever remember.  It is coolish but not too cool and there is a mist over the land.  The birds are sleepily chirping themselves awake and the sun is shyly beginning to warm up the trees.

We have a visitor staying with us.  His name is Joey and he is a scant 15 pounds of canine love and squirms.  His excitement at the world can be tiring, but he is still a joy to wake up with.  My cats do not appreciate him as much as they could, but then, they are not afraid of him either.  And most of my dogs love having another playmate (Murray can be a bit grumpy with the puppy).

Prescott got shut into the spare bedroom last night and was quite glad to get out this morning.  She is still in the kitten-exploring-the-world stage, so it is not uncommon for her to get lost somewhere, but when she gets out, she is so very affectionate!  She spent a good bit of time purring and nuzzling my chin as I typed this.  She reminds me that I am loved and I am honored by that.

For the most part, it is a peaceable kingdom this morning in our humble home.  Later today, I have a couple of friends coming over to do Art with me. 

Life can be Good.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful start to the day! Having furry friends is such a joy! Your mandala is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mandala - nice spring green! And Prescott sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete