Why Blog? That is the question. Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind . . . . . er, no. Getting started on entirely the wrong foot here.
Rather the question I need to know, for myself, is why write this blog? What is the purpose?
To answer that, I have to be clear about some aspects of myself.
- First off, I am an American, a country that is not living up to what it can or should be. I do mean to say that we are the worst country in the world: we are not. But we have wasted our potential, who we could be. I fear that we may be in the twilight of our golden age. It saddens me, because in spite of our flaws, I do love this country.
- I am female in a family that valued it’s daughters as much as its sons.
- I am an ordained minister. I have served 5 congregations over the course of the years. I am not a Christian, although I have a profound and deep respect for the teachings of Jesus. But I see value in many different paths. I see the sense in Atheism, although I am a theist. I think the most honest Theological stance is Agnosticism, although I am not one.
- I am an animal lover. All my life (except for about a week and a half, 8 years ago) I have lived with a number of animals. I once had a pet fly who came when she was called. Except for ticks and fleas, I pretty much like all critters. As of right now, I live with three dogs and 6 cats. I also like the human animal (usually).
- I am a mystic.
- I am an artist.
- I am disabled and housebound (bedridden) most of the time.
- I have no family that is involved in any way in any part of my life.
- By American standards, I am very poor.
- By my standards, I am wealthy beyond measure.