Saturday, September 3, 2011

Zentangle challange #37 - I think

4" x 6" approx

     Some time ago, when I first discovered Zentangles, I was Determined to learn all about it (that was back when there were only a couple of hundred Tangles).  I decided to make a few samplers, using the different types of tangles.

     I diligently sorted the tangles( or designs) into nice, neat categories:  Grids, Spirals, Plant-like. circle-based, triangle-based, Lines, boarders, backgrounds, etc..  Unfortunately, not all tangles fitted neatly into a category.  And some fit more than one category.   It started to become frustrating.

     But I was still fascinated by the Tangles.  So I decided to try to make the samplers anyway, one sampler for each type of Tangle.   Alas for my well-meaning-ness.  It did not happen.  But I did get  couple done.  The Zentangle above is a sampler of what I then knew of grid patterns.  I liked it OK, but it was lacking something.

     Oh, yes!   Shading.

     So I shaded it and this is what I ended up with:



    
Imagine my delight when this weeks challenge by the DIVA was on creating a grid!  So, here is my entry!  I look forward to seeing all the other entries by my fellow artists.

1 comment: