Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happiness Tip #2



Tip #2

Recently, I read an article about 12  things that Happy People do differently than the rest of us. These things are called “Happiness Tips    

I’m not sure I agree with all of them and I am not sure it is inclusive of some very other important “Happiness Tips”.

I include here some of my thoughts on the issue.  I offer this to you in hopes that we may start a dialogue.



Cultivate optimism.

This one I am not too sure of.   I think that cautious optimism might be a better route.  I have often wondered  just where the line is between being realistic and being optimistic.

Yet I am one of the more optimistic people I know.  I look at the bright side when there doesn’t seem to be a bright side.  The only time I get in trouble is when I expect my optimistic ideas to actually happen. 

Most of the time I hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. For much of my life, I find myself giving up expectations and optimism as well when it comes to what I'm doing next. That doesn't mean I'm pessimistic. I'm optimistic generally but I don't hold on to what I'm optimistic about, comparing my optimistic thoughts to reality. I try to say "Yes" to whatever comes my way. That's easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete