Thursday, September 1, 2011

Buddhist Story


Floating House
Polymer clay - no paint
Approx 4" x 6"

An old Buddhist story
It is said that the Buddha was walking along a lonely road when a highwayman jumped in front of him.  Brandishing a knife, the thief approached the Buddha, demanding his money. 
“I am powerful, “ said the thief, ”The World trembles at me and does my bidding.  Give me your money!”
The Buddha looked at the thief and raised an eyebrow.  “You are powerful? I am impressed.  Please, show me.  Take the limb off that tree.”  
And the thief strutted over to the tree and with one whack of his knife, he took the branch off of the tree.”  “See.” said the thief holding out the branch to the Buddha, “With one blow I tore it off. “
“Now,” said the Buddha, “put it back on.”
And the thief could not do so.  He lacked the power.
Only children think they are powerful because they can destroy something.

1 comment:

  1. After having a brain fart that lasted a couple of months, I remembered that "Hey, I'm following some blogs." I'm so glad I did. I love this story and I love the floating house too. :) <3

    ReplyDelete