Saturday, July 15, 2023

 7-15-23

Lately I've been sleeping late, almost until 7 am so days..  The critters outside are not happy about that, because they have to wait until I wake up to get fed.   I feed them the night before but by sunrise, the food is long gone.
This morning after I put out the food, I looked back and already, there were two feral cats waiting for BC to finish and a hungry raccoon had stayed up well past his bedtime to get in some extra dry cat food.  I suspect it is slim pickin's for raccoons these days, because there are so many of them.  I wish I could put out more for them but my budget is limited.

As I type this, the afternoon shadows are deepening.  It's been a sunny warm day but ahead lots of rain is expected.   The critters have made short work of most of the food from this morning, but still, very few birds today.   I miss them, but it does make it easier for me to talk myself into going upstirs into the attic which is now my art room.   There is no way to watch the critters from up there. So I am not tempted to spend time gazing out at the beautiful wild world of my back yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment